I hate chocolate but I love Chocolate Cake....

Odd but true, I love pastries but hate chocolate! I would prefer Starbursts or Skittles over Belgian chocolate any day. I only like oreos about once a year and Godiva or Neuhaus don't tempt me in the least however, I love chocolate cake with a dark chocolate buttercream like this...

a few hints when making a cake:
1. when possible always let your batter sit at least 2 hrs. (overnight in the fridge is best) this will allow all the ingredients to fully combine and it will allow the gluten in the flour to settle from the mixing so the cake is fluffy.
2. always use parchment on the bottom of your cake pans, never use food sprays. Food sprays add a funny taste and the results aren't always as you hoped. Instead cut out parchment to fit only the bottom of the pan. spray the food spray on the bottom of the pan and use it as a "glue" to hold the paper. Now pour in batter. When the cake is done and cooled, cut around the edges with a sharp knife and turn over onto a plate and peel parchment off the bottom. Voila perfect results every time..no need for patch up jobs because your cake stuck to the pan.

No comments: