Tiffany and Johnathan

I was delighted when Tiffany and Johnathan asked me to do their wedding cake. They are a beautiful pairing of timeless beauty and lust for life, of practicality and style, and of adventure and vibrancy. The 3 of us brainstormed their cake for weeks and made the final changes just days before the wedding. For flavors they chose almond/almond, chocolate/chocolate hazelnut, and vanilla/vanilla. The cake was topped with sugared cranberries.
So first off I must apologize for the crude photos, I left the camera at home and after dropping off the cake at the venue I snapped a few shots with my phone. The gold on the cake is created using Luster Dust, a favorite medium of mine. Used dry it provides a light shimmer of color but when mixed with a little lemon extract or vodka -I prefer vodka because if you don't use all your mixture you can allow it to dry out and you can reuse it later- it provides an edible paint that is wonderful!!

No comments: