Banana Republic









Chefs aren't known for their style, they are often seen in a stiff white coat with an apron around the waist and hair pulled back and up in a silly hat (see my "about me" photo!). But as humans we often think people are always their professions. A fireman is always in a blue t-shirt with suspenders, a doctor always in a lab coat with a stethoscope around their neck, a mechanic always in a pinstripe shirt with blue pants by Dickies with an oil-stained rag hanging out their back pocket. We seldom recognize anyone's profession without their "uniform", we seldom consider that the carpenter takes off his tool belt when he gets home. When my coat and dreaded hat come off....I like to put Banana Republic on. Wearing their clothes make me feel lovely. The tags never show and I never buy an item with a logo, no one knows and no one really cares but to me, their clothes are my little "safe place", my little luxury I get to look forward to after a long day in starched white cotton. When the manager at my local BR asked if I would cater the desserts for their recent After 5 Holiday 2009 line introduction event I was thrilled; 2 of my loves together. I chose to do a meringue mushroom, a trio of my favorite fall cookies, and carrot and chocolate cheesecake mini cupcakes.

2 comments:

Stacey said...

I love you and your little mushrooms too! ;-)

Melynn said...

So great! This reminds me of when I used to think that my teachers lived at the elementary school.

How great that you got to put two of your loves together.